Wed, 31 March 2010
-Draxenn is relaunching his comic Digital Treason.
-Planning for Comic Dish's "12 Hour Comic Day" event is pretty much complete. The discussion can be found here.
-Aphex is gauging interest in a possible Drawing Boot Camp workshop. More details and a poll here.
-Nominations are being accepted for the 2010 Harvey Awards.
-Blind Ferret (the guys responsible for Least I Could Do and Looking For Group) are hiring.
-The Naperville Sun has an interview with staff at Marvel about Marvel's future in digital comics.
Balance of picture and story.
Wed, 24 March 2010
Hey everyone. This week's podcast is a little light hearted on the discussion. So if you're not in the mood to hear 2 guys and a girl gab about fandom, feel free to skip that part. Good times are had all the same.
- Revo-emag has a list of "The Best Webcomics Ever".
- The nominees have been announced for the 2010 Shuster Awards.
- The first 127 strips of Least I Could Do (which were originally drawn by a different artist) have been re-drawn by Lar and are being released in a new book. Least I Could Do: Noir et Blanc will be available for pre-order on March 19, and the books will be shipping in early April.
- A 12-hour Comic Day event is being planned for mid to late April on Comic Dish. Discussion of the event, as well as a vote for what day it will happen, is going on in this thread.
- White Ninja - (1000 pages) March 15
We chat about fan experiences both good and bad.
Wed, 17 March 2010
- If you like it when The Dish or The Plate review bad webcomics, you might also enjoy The Bad Webcomics Wiki, a wiki site full of reviews for supposedly bad webcomics.
- The British International Comics Show 2010 will take place in Birmingham, October 16-17. Tickets and more information are available at the preceding link.
- The Casual Webcartoonist has an article about How to Price Your Artwork.
- Storming The Tower shares photos of various webcomic artists compared side-by-side with each artist's own self portrait.
- Shepherd's Flight - 1 year (March 3)
- Odori Park - 1 year (March 15)
Madgic Science by Mad Scientist
-Genre: Video Game Comics!
--The Well Known
--The lesser Well Known but still good
Wed, 10 March 2010
News: - Modesty is going to be hired as an Associate Designer!! - Cheyenne Wright, colorist for Girl Genius, was recently released from the hospital. Turns out he had a virus that imitated congestive heart failure.(umm, yay?) Foglio Studios will be doing a fund raiser to help with the medical costs, and you'll beable to purchase wallpaper on ebay, or you can donate at their site.
- Nick Simmons (son of KISS lead singer, Gene Simmons) has been accused of plagiarizing artwork for his comic Incarnate. - The Webcomic Builder has an article about Beating Procrastination with Clarity. - Dallas Art News is starting a webcomic section, and they're looking for webcomic artists to provide content.
Comic Review: Dead Metaphor - by clockworkvirus
Interview: Tamar Curry of Lumia's Kingdom